400 N. Bowen #304, Arlington, Texas 76012
Torn Canvas or Compo Frames
CANVAS REPAIR: Have a canvas painting that has
been torn.... well we can repair
100 SHEETS 5.5"SQ, 2.5 COLOR
FREE SHIP IN USA
|You can add gold leaf to almost any
surface and make it lovely. I use gold leafing in my frame repairs
a lot. But I recently gold leafed a LARGE statue
of BUDA. he turned out lovely; but it took over 1000 sheets before I finished him.
There are several steps to gold leaf and their are
many ways to get to the end product and there are different types of
gold leaf. Some gold leaf
INSTRUCTION- DOING A SPEED THROUGH
2. base coat with several coats of gesso and sand about every 3rd coat. You want a nice smooth, clean surface
3. Base coat with red (can be bright or Indian red) for gold and blue or purple for silver leaf. let dry.
4. Add adhesive, I like a water base, apply uniformly, no puddles,
let dry (read instructions on your container)
5. Lay in the gold leaf to the adhesive surface. Many techniques.
6) When you have covered the entire areas that have adhesive, tap gently into the glue. Do not be aggressive.
7) touch up any spaces missed, rub gently with a soft cloth or brush
8) reapply another coat of gold if you think it needs it
9) Let dry thoroughly
10) varnish to protect gold from air to keep it from oxidizing. Real gold does not oxidize.
11) apply a coat of stain to deposit in cracks and crevices,
designs, edges, etc. (simulated dirt)
12) another coat of varnish is you do not every want to remove the antiquing.
If you enjoy doing gold leaf then do some reading and get move
involved with the process. This is a quick easy, skips some steps,
IN IMPROVING YOUR HEALTH?
Fruits and veggies... vine ripe, organic, in capsule form....so important they could just save your life.